Welcome to the Olympic National Forest
With the Olympic Mountains nestled in the center, the Olympic National Forest offers the unique opportunity to hike a mountain for great 360 degree views & explore the only temperate rainforest in the lower 48.
The Olympic National Forest recognizes indigenous communities on the Olympic Peninsula and their original connection to the land now managed by the U.S. Forest Service. We are working with them to learn about the ways they have and still manage the land and resources. We thank them for working with us.
Follow us on Social Media!
Alerts & Warnings
- Flooding at Lake Quinault
- Flood Damage & Road Closure Updates
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Updates & Office Hours
- Sustainable Trails Feedback Form now Available
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect