Camping & Cabins
Choose from the following to find a site:
Overnight accommodations are provided at more than 30 developed campgrounds and one cabin in the Cherokee National Forest.
Choose from a wide range of outoor settings and levels of development. Some campgrounds are highly developed with large, level campsites, tables, fire rings, electricity, and bathhouses. Other campgrounds are more primitive with minimal site amenities.
At most campgrounds, sites are on a first come, first served basis. However, reservation services are now available for several popular campgrounds in the Cherokee National Forest:
- Indian Boundary Recreation Area
- Chilhowee Recreation Area
- Parksville Lake Campground
- Little Oak Campground
- Cardens Bluff Campground
- McNabb Group Camp
- Donley Cabin
Reservations can be made at www.recreation.gov or by calling (877) 444-6777.
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FOREST
- Road to Beauty Spot Scenic Overlook (aka Indian Grave Gap) closed
- Watauga Ranger District Office closed for renovations
- Closure Map for Bald River Falls Bridge replacement project
- Food and Refuse Food Requirements to Protect Bears
- Closures for Black Bear Fire are now open
- Tweed Springs Fire Roads and Trails Reopen
- Fireworks illegal on Cherokee National Forest
- Temporary road closure of Flatwoods Road