Choose from the following to find a site:
Whitewater runs through the mountains of Cherokee National Forest creating deep river gorges, world-class whitewater, premier trout streams, scenic waterfalls and reservoirs with undeveloped shorelines.
The U.S. Forest Service cooperates with Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation and local outfitter/guides to offer a variety of water-based recreation experiences.
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FOREST
- Road to Beauty Spot Scenic Overlook (aka Indian Grave Gap) closed
- Watauga Ranger District Office closed for renovations
- Closure Map for Bald River Falls Bridge replacement project
- Food and Refuse Food Requirements to Protect Bears
- Closures for Black Bear Fire are now open
- Tweed Springs Fire Roads and Trails Reopen
- Fireworks illegal on Cherokee National Forest
- Temporary road closure of Flatwoods Road