The Colville National Forest would like to remind hunters that all Travel Management rules apply and that vehicles must remain on designated routes as shown on the current Motor Vehicle Use Maps.
• Motor Vehicle Use Maps are available free of charge online.
• Please use existing campsites and campfire rings when possible.
• There is no allowance for using motor vehicles off of designated roads and trails for retrieving game.
Hunting seasons and permits are regulated by the State of Washington. To find out more about where you can go hunting and what regulations apply in the Colville National Forest and surrounding area please contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Thank you for packing out your garbage and Leaving No Trace.
Map of Game Managment Units for the Colville National Forest PDF (4 MB)
Did you know?
Ricochets can cause fires. Conditions on in the forest can be dry at anytime of year. When shooting firearms, please take safety precautions and be mindful that hot projectiles and sparks from ricochets can ignite fires in dry, grassy, brushy fuels.
We do not have any recommended areas for shooting.
According to the Code of Federal Regulations (title 36), recreational shooting can take place on the National Forests and Grasslands under these conditions:
- You are at least 150 yards from a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation area or occupied area.
- You are not shooting across or on a National Forest System Road or an adjacent body of water.
- You are not shooting into or within a cave.
- You are not shooting in any manner or place where any person, property or resource is exposed to injury or damage as a result of such discharge.
- You are not firing any tracer bullet or incendiary ammunition.
Regional and Local Restrictions
Most municipalities prohibit shooting within 1 mile of the city limits. Be sure to know the rules and regulations for the area you will be visiting in the forest.
Alerts & Warnings
- Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure Order
- Closure Notice: 06-21-05-22-05 FS Road 1710430
- Closure Notice: 06-21-09-22-02 Spur Mountain Road Closure_Tonasket2
- Closure Notice: 06-21-09-22-01 Spur Mountain Road Closure_Tonasket
- Closure Order: 06-21-09-21-19 (TERMINATION) Muckamuck Fire
- Closure Order: 06-21-09-21-12 Buckhorn Forest
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trout Lake Trail Restoration Project
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- ORDER NO. 06-21-12-20-01 Lane Creek Logging Operations Closure Order
- ORDER NO. 06-21-12-20-02 Cubby Logging Operations Closure Order
- ORDER NO. 06-21-12-19-11 Hansen Creek Pit Road Closure