Choose from the following to find a site:
The Gorge is a great place for water lovers, but first time visitors should note that there are no designated swimming areas maintained by the Forest Service, and there are very few sandy beaches within our boundaries.
Instead, creeks and waterfront parks on the Columbia River offer splashing and wading opportunities – click Swimming to learn more about waterfront play areas. The Columbia River offers premier sites to paddle, shred, and kite board – the best spots for wind and paddle sports are listed under Windsurfing. Or, select Boating -- Non-Motorized above to explore kayaking and rafting opportunities on our Wild & Scenic Rivers!
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 8/1: Fire Restrictions in place
- Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- Wyeth Campground Water System Notification
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions