Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
Date(s): Oct 23, 2020
Contact(s): Chattooga River Ranger District at (706)754-6221
The Chattooga River Ranger District has issued a temporary trail restrictions for the Panther Creek Trail in Habersham County Georgia. Open to advanced hikers at this time due to damages sustained from the October 29, 2020. Not recommended for less experienced hikers.
High water events have caused significant damage to the Panther Creek Trail. Bridges are no longer in place requiring hikers to ford Panther Creek and minor tributaries. Sections of the trail tread washed away and sustainable passage to the falls is limited at this time. We appreciate visitor's cooperation while staff work to make the trail safe and address resource damage.
The Forest Service understands the inconvenience of this temporary restrictions and appreciates the public respecting the resource by finding open sustainable trails to hike. For a map of alternative trails, visit: http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/InteractiveVisitorMap.
Alerts & Warnings
- Hitchiti Trail temporarily closed
- Black Gap Shelter temporarily closed
- Toddery Pole Rd/FS Road 86
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!