Welcome to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
The Columbia River gorge is a spectacular river canyon, 80 miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep, that meanders past cliffs, spires, and ridges set against nearby peaks of the PNW’s Cascade Mountain Range.
Reservations are required daily May 24 - September 5 , 2022
Required weekends & Memorial Day April 23 - June 12, 2022
Discover a plethora of recreational activities throughout the Scenic Area.
Fire restrictions in effect for Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
Release Date: Aug 4, 2022
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective 8/1: Fire Restrictions in place
- Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- Waterfall Corridor Timed Use Permits begin May 24
- Wyeth Campground Water System Notification
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions