Interagency Senior Pass


  • Honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
  • Waives most day use fees (except at some concessionaire-run sites) and most entrance fees for all the federal agencies listed below under "Participating Sites" across the United. States.
  • Valid for pass holder's lifetime.


  • Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
  • At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.


  • At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.
  • At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror. Hangtags are available at Forest Service offices.
  • At per-person sites, present pass upon request.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
  • Must be 62 years of age or older.
  • Must obtain in person.
  • Must show proof of age, which may be a state driver's license showing birth date, a birth certificate, or similar document.

Other Important Details

  • Interagency Senior Passes are nontransferable.
  • The Interagency Senior Pass belongs to the signer only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.
  • Concessionaires may or may not honor the Interagency Senior Pass, according to the terms of their current permit.
  • Interagency Senior Pass holders may receive a 50% discount on some expanded amenity fees.
  • Interagency Senior Passes are NOT valid for any special recreation permits.


Decals for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Senior Pass. Decals offer a secure method to display ownership of the Interagency Senior Pass on motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites.  However, they are not a valid pass in themselves; the vehicle owner must also carry an Interagency Senior Pass. Issuance of a decal requires:

  1. Valid Interagency Pass
  2. Photo identification to verify pass ownership
  3. Vehicle registration for an open topped vehicle that matches the name(s) of the pass holder(s) and the photo identification

How to get this pass

Participating Sites

Honored nationwide at all agency sites charging entrance or day use (standard amenity) fees.

  • Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
  • Forest Service (FS)
  • National Park Service (NPS)
  • Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
  • United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
  • United States Bureau of Reclamation (USBR)
  • United States Fish and Wildlife Service (US FWS)

More Information

  • Call Outdoor Recreation Information Center at 1-800-270-7504