Interagency Annual Military Pass
- Honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
- Waives most day use fees (except at some concessionaire-run sites) and most entrance fees for all the federal agencies listed below under "Participating Sites" across the United States.
- The Interagency Annual Military Pass has one signature line and can be signed by active military personnel and their dependents, or veterans. Each person would receive their own pass.
- Validated by the seller.
- Valid for 12 months from the month of purchase. Expires the last day of the month punched.
- Pass is not valid for use until signed by owner.
- Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
- At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.
- At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.
- At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror. Hangtags are available at Forest Service offices.
- At per-person sites, present pass upon request.
For active military personnel and their dependents or veterans:
- To verify active military status, the applicant must submit a Department of Defense Common Access Card (CAC) - Geneva Conventions Identification Card that verifies that the person is an active member of the U. S. military.
- To verify dependent, the applicant must submit a Department of Defense Uniformed Services Identification Card - DD Form 1173 that identifies the dependent and his/her sponsor.
- To verify veteran, the applicant must submit a U.S. Department of Defense ID (CAC Card, DD Form 2, DD Form 2765), Veteran Health Identification Card, Veteran ID Card, Veterans designation on a state-issued U.S. driver’s license or identification card.
Other Important Details
Interagency Annual Military Passes are nontransferable. Active military personnel and their dependents, or veterans can sign and use the Interagency Annual Military Pass. Once signed, the pass may not be given to or used by anyone whose name is not on the pass.
The Interagency Annual Military Pass belongs to the signer only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.
Interagency Annual Military Passes do NOT cover expanded amenity fees or special recreation permits.
Decals for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Annual Military Pass. Decals offer a secure method to display ownership of the Interagency Annual Military Pass on motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites. However, they are not a valid pass in themselves; the vehicle owner must also carry an Interagency Annual Military Pass. Issuance of a decal requires:
- Valid Interagency Pass
- Photo identification to verify pass ownership
- Vehicle registration for an open topped vehicle that matches the name(s) of the pass holder(s) and the photo identification
How to get this pass
- Bring the proper documentation to a Forest Service office in the Pacific Northwest
Honored nationwide at all agency sites charging entrance or day use (standard amenity) fees.
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Forest Service (FS)
- Includes these Oregon and Washington sites
- National Park Service (NPS)
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
- United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE)