Passes & Permits

Rafter's floating the Selway River

The Forest Service offers many activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, camping, birding, cabin rentals, firewood gathering, berry picking, mushroom harvesting, and river rafting to name a few.  Many of the facilities and services associated with these opportunities are free. Some do require fees or permits to help maintain, manage and improve the amenities that you enjoy.

  • Recreation Passes and Permits:  Local and National passes and permits related to recreating on the forest.
  • Forest Products Permits:  Edible material, Ornamental material, Minerals, Plants, and Woody material (includes Christmas tree, Post & Pole, and Firewood permit information).
  • Events and Commercial Permits:  Filming, Group Use, and Outfitter Guide information.
  • Other Permits:  Permits for other items such as easements, Recreation Residence, Research, and Non-commercial group permits.