Passes & Permits

Permits may be required when extra measures are needed to protect natural or cultural resources. It is good to check ahead of time to find out what types of passes and/or permits are required for different activies before entering the forest.


Forest Product Permits

Events & Commercial Permits 



Special Use Permit

A Special Use Permit grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use to the holder. Examples include operating a business, holding a group gathering with 75 people or more, or holding a bicycle race on National Forest System lands.  These permits contain specific terms and conditions that the holder must follow. Before Special Use Permits are issued, the Forest Service must determine that the proposed use complies with all management plans and laws, that there is a demonstrated need for the activity, and that the use is appropriate on national forest system lands. Special Use Permits are a temporary authority.