Recreation Passes & Permits


National Passes:

There is one Interagency Annual Pass and two Interagency Lifetime Passes available through the Intermountain Region.

Passes are available at most National Forest or grassland offices.To purchase an Interagency Annual Pass online, you can visit the USGS store.


RIVER:  Permits are required to float the Snake River for groups of 16 or more people (free) and also for temporary outfitters/guides including but not limited to University classes and recreation programs, youth mentoring programs, and organized camps.


 Permits are required for group use and overnight stock use in all of the three Wilderness areas within the Bridger-Teton National Forest:

OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE ANNUAL PERMIT/STICKER:  Off-Highway Vehicles are described as Motorcycles, ATV’s, and UTV’s (side-by-sides), and are allowed on designated motorized routes on the Bridger-Teton National Forest

  • Seasonal closures apply—see the annual Motor Vehicle Use Map for each Forest Service District within the Bridger-Teton National Forest
  • State Licensed operators are able to ride on Designated Forest Service Roads if the vehicle is physically licensed and or if the vehicles have a Wyoming State Permit/Sticker which must be purchased each year annually.
  • Non-licensed riders (under 16 years of age), may ride on designated motorized trails if the vehicle has an annual Wyoming State Permit/Sticker of the year displayed (on right fender). Non-licensed riders may not ride on Forest Service Roads.
  • Designated Motorized Trails are available to either single-track motorcycles only or OHV’s 50 inches or less in vehicle width.
  • Permitted vehicles wider than 50 inches in vehicle width (UTV’s or side-by-sides), may only be driven on Forest Service Designated Roads.
  • All OHV’s must have a current Wyoming State Permit/Sticker of the year it is being ridden. 
  • OHV Permit/Stickers from other states are not accepted permits in the State of Wyoming.  
  • To purchase a Wyoming State Permit/Sticker go to the Wyoming State website.