Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes

Photograph of a Annual Recreation Pass
Park N' Ski passes and interagency recreation passes including the Annual Pass, Every Kid Outdoors 4th grade program, Interagency Military Passes, Senior Passes for persons over 62, and Access Passes for persons with permanent disabilities.

Forest Products

Photograph of evergreen cones on the forest floor.
People enjoy collecting herbs, cones, latillas and other items from National Forest land.
In order to become familiar with the rules, it is always best to check  before gathering/collecting items from Forest land.

Fuelwood Permits

photograph of stacked firewood
The Carson National Forests offer Firewood Collecting Permits to the public. Click here to learn more about collecting firewood.

Christmas Trees

photograph of a christmas tree, freshly cut and tagged
Cutting the family Christmas tree is an outing that people who live near forested lands can enjoy during the holiday season. The Carson National Forests have an abundant choice of trees from which to choose.