Other Permits

Special Use Authorization

A Special Use Authorization is a permit that grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use subject to specified terms and conditions on National Forest land. These permits cover activities, such as construction of roads, power and water lines, research, mineral and timber processing, etc. Please contact any Ranger District Office for information about non-recreation special use permits and recreation special use permits.

Research Activities / Collecting Animals or Plants

Any person conducting research activities or collecting animals or plants found on the Cherokee National Forest should contact the supervisor's office for more information.  Collection of animals requires a permit from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.