Forest Products Permits

Permits for forest products are available for purchase at Ranger District Offices and the Supervisor's Office. Not all forest products are available on all districts.

Firewood and other Forest Products

10/21/2019: We are able to sell personal use fuelwood permits at this time.

In light of the September 11, 2019 Court Order issued in Wild Earth Guardians v. United States Fish and Wildlife Service, et al. (D. Ariz. No. 13-cv-00151- TUC-RCC).

  • The Order states that "USFS timber management actions other than personal firewood cutting and gathering in Region 3 national forests must cease pending formal consultation."
  • The court-ordered injunction suspending all timber management activities on the five national forests in New Mexico and the Tonto National Forest in Arizona has been modified to allow the personal cutting and collection of fuelwood. The Forest Service will resume permit sales immediately.


The Ranger Districts on the Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands sell rock or sand/gravel permits for personal use only. Contact the ranger district for information. 



Rock/Sand and Gravel Permits

The Cibola National Forest and Grasslands sells permits for rock, sand and gravel for personal use only.

NM Landowner’s Fuelwood Removal Permit

Information and a form for private sales of woody products in New Mexico.  

View All Features