Maps & Publications
The US Forest Service provides several types of publications and maps to the public. The material is available in many forms: brochures, maps, Recreational Opportunity Guides (ROGs), on such subjects as recreation, sightseeing, wilderness, travel management, and vegetation.
The Forest Service publishes a variety of map products to help you plan your next adventure or enjoy your next visit!
- You can purchase National Forest Visitor Maps through our partner organization, Eldorado National Forest Interpretive Association (ENFIA), or the U.S. Geological Survey Store.
- Several types of mobile compatible maps are available from Avenza Maps.
- US Geological Survey website offers USGS Topographic Maps and a wide variety of maps on-line and for purchase.
In general, forest visitor and other kinds of maps may also be purchased at most Eldorado National Forest Offices.
Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
The Motor Vehicle Use Map displays National Forest System routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The Motor Vehicle Use Map also displays uses allowed by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), and seasonal allowances.
Our publications fall into a few broad categories: administrative, general, recreation and research publications. Select the "Forest Publications" link for even more publications.
Eldorado National Forest Visitor Guide
Now available to view online and print at home! This guide is also available for free at all Eldorado National Forest offices and visitor centers.
Recreation Opportunity Guides
- Hiking, Biking, Equestrian Trails
- Ice House / Union Valley Bike Trails and Campgrounds
- Fleming Meadow Trail System
- Pacific Crest Trail
Recreation and Forest Programs
- Using Firearms
- Forest Rules
- Pick Your Own Spot Camping
- Christmas Tree Permit
- Crystal Collecting
- Recreational Panning and Dredging
- Woodcutting (Fuelwood)
These are just a sampling of the types of handouts that are free at your local forest office.