Passes & Permits

The Idaho Panhandle National Forests manage resources to meet sustainable resource management objectives. Management protects natural resource values, public health and safety, and is consistent with the Forest land and resource management plans outlined in the Forest Plan. In order to meet these objectives, permits may be required for the occupancy and use of Forest Service land. Additionally, passes assist in funding certain management projects.

  • Recreation - Local and National passes and permits related to recreating on the forest.
  • Forest Products - Christmas tree, firewood and mushroom harvesting permits; also information on collecting minerals, berries and other forest products.
  • Events and Commercial Permits - For-profit events and large recreation events.
  • Outfitters and Guides - Forms and information.
  • Other - Recreation residence (summer home) permits, noncommercial large group permits.