Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes

Most national forest system lands are open and free of charge for your use and enjoyment. Day-use and camping fees may be charged at some areas. Discounts for day-use and camping may be available through Interagency passes, such as the America the Beautiful Interagency Senior Pass (annual and lifetime) and the Interagency Access Pass (for those with a disability). Also available are the Interagency Annual Pass, the Fourth Grade Pass, the Military Pass and the Volunteer Pass. More information is available here.

Special Uses

Permits are required to use National Forests lands when there is commercial gain, or when there is an impact on the Forest. Information on permits for commercial filming, outfitting and guiding, etc., can be found at the  National Forest Service Contracts & Commercial Permits Website .

Special-Use Authorization Brochure - the application process

Public Geocache Placement Application.

Approval of all geocache contents, design, and location must be registered prior to placement of items on public lands using the Public Geocache Placement Application/Registration form.