If you see smoke, fire, or suspicious activities, note the location as best you can and call 911. .
All of us can help protect public lands and our communities from devestating wildfire. Learn more about fire prevention and fire safety at home and in the forest:
- Campfire safety - Make sure your fire is dead out before you leave.
- Equipment use - Did you know dragging chains on vehicles cause forest fires?
- Backyard debris burning - Learn before you burn
- For more information visit Smokeybear.com
Research tells us that the majority of homes ignite during a wildfire as a result of embers or small flames. There are steps that homeowners can take to reduce the risk, with the most important efforts occurring on and immediately around the home. Firewise Homeowner Checklist.
- Learn more by visiting: The Firewise USA program.