Passes & Permits




Recreation Passes

[IMAGE: Interagency Annual Pass]Interagency recreation passes include the Annual Pass, Every Kid in a Park 4th grade program, Interagency Military Passes, Senior Passes for persons over 62, and Access Passes for persons with permanent disabilities.

Snow Park Passes

photograph of a film crew on a national forestSnow Park Passes are issued by the state during the winter season.

Find a Guide

A man fishes in a riverThe Forest Service partners with recreation service providers to support many kinds of outdoor recreation such as -- skiing, boating, rafting, climbing, backpacking, horseback riding, fishing, and more.

Search for an outfitter or guide.

Special Uses 

A group of people filming on public landsThe Special Uses program encompasses a variety of uses including: communication sites, water transmission lines, recreation events, apiaries, outfitter guides, summer homes, filming, research studies and more. Special use permits must be obtained through the appropriate forests. 

Forest products

Firewood stacked in a pileForest products include berries, mushrooms, seedlings, Christmas trees, firewood, post and poles, and rocks. These products may require a permit to collect. Permits must be obtained through the appropriate forests.

Christmas Tree Permits are now available online at

Other Permits

A weather station set up outsideOther permits such as a road use permit or a special use permit may sometimes be needed for research, recreation residencies, hauling and more. Permits must be obtained through the appropriate forests.