Passes & Permits


The Santa Fe National Forest issues a variety of permits for recreation, forest products and events and commercial activities:Recreation: Local Passes and Permits related to recreating on the forest.

  • Forest Products: Edible material, decorative material, minerals, plants and woody material such as Christmas tree and firewood permits
  • Events and Commercial Permits: Filming, group use, and outfitter guide information
  • Other: Permits for other items such as electrical easements, etc. Please contact the appropriate Ranger District Office for information on other permits not listed.