Other Permits

Bulldog Canyon OHV Permit Zone

Effective March 19, 2020, people who ride an off-highway vehicle (OHV) in the Bulldog Canyon OHV Permit Zone on the Mesa Ranger District must obtain a permit online through recreation.gov. The district will discontinue paper permits.

The online process will include a $6 administrative fee to cover the cost of operating the online service.  Additionally, past Bulldog Canyon permits allowed up to five additional household members to be added to the permit. Effective March 19, each OHV operator, age 16 or older, will need a permit on hand while riding in the Bulldog Canyon OHV Permit Zone. Passengers not operating motorized vehicles in the permit area will not need a permit.  

To reserve a permit on recreation.gov, search for ‘Tonto National Forest Off-Highway Vehicle Permit’ and follow prompts to purchase and then print the permit. The permit will also include six months of gate code combinations to unlock access gates to the Bulldog Canyon OHV Permit Zone. 

People seeking additional information can contact the Mesa Ranger District at (480) 610-3300 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during weekdays. 

ALERT: Camping is prohibited within the following staging areas: Blue Point for two miles, Usery, Wolverine, Hackamore, Dutchman, and Willow for one mile. As well as all of NFSR 78 (First Water Road). The user made horse trailer parking area located adjacent to State Route 88, mile post 203. For more information view the Closure Order here and the Maps here

Bulldog Canyon related information
Bulldog Canyon OHV Permit Zone Handout (pdf)
Bulldog Canyon Map (pdf)

View more information about OHV riding and camping