Passes & Permits

Man riding an OHVCaring for the land and serving people is the objective of the Wayne National Forest. Permits are one of the ways that we protects natural resource values, public health and safety, and is consistent with the Forest land and resource management goals outlined in the Forest Plan. Additionally, passes assist in funding management projects and facility permits.

Types of Passes and Permits

Trail Passes:

Trail passes for ATV and OHV use help fund trail improvements and allow us to upgrade the facilities that serve these areas.

Forest Product Permits

These include the permits that are issued to regulate the use of natural resources on the Forest. These include:

Events and Commercial Permits

Events with groups greater than 75 people require a Group Use Permit. Other commercial permits include:

Special Use Permits:

For other types of  issues that require permits, such as easements for private roads across national forest land, utility lines, or pipelines, a Special Use Permit is required. The following may assist in determining how a Special Use Permit is issued.

Please contact the appropriate Ranger District Office for more information on obtaining a permit.