- Field observations for "A carbon monitoring system for mapping regional, annual aboveground biomass across the northwestern USA"
Fekety, Patrick A.;
Hudak, Andrew T.;
Bright, Benjamin C.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fekety, Patrick A.; Hudak, Andrew T.; Bright, Benjamin C. 2020. Field observations for "A carbon monitoring system for mapping regional, annual aboveground biomass across the northwestern USA". Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2020-0026
- These data represent a portion of the forest inventory data used in Hudak et al. (in review) "A carbon monitoring system for mapping regional, annual aboveground biomass across the northwestern USA". This study used forest inventory data located in lidar units along with Landsat data, topographic metrics, and climate metrics to create maps of forested biomass across the northwestern USA (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and western Montana.) The data requirements for inclusion in this study included: 1. fixed-area plots, 2. plots centers were recorded using a global navigation satellite system receiver (e.g., a GPS receiver) capable of differential correction, and 3. plots were located in a lidar unit where tree data were collected within 3 years of the lidar collection. A shapefile of the lidar units can be found in Fekety and Hudak (2020, https://doi.org/10.3334/ORNLDAAC/1766). The forest inventory data presented here (n = 2,680 plots) include all data that could be made publicly available and have been compiled from numerous existing datasets. The forest inventory data were collected using project-specific sampling plans and therefore these data have been formatted to be read by the Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS; https://www.fs.fed.us/fvs/). The forest inventory data in this dataset were collected between 2002 and 2017 and located in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, USA.
- biota; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Assessments; carbon; biomass; vegetation; forest; monitoring; mapping; carbon monitoring system; NASA; lidar; Landsat; remote sensing; northwestern United States; Washington; Oregon; Idaho
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (665.83 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: ad594aa780545eb03ab46172731b14252f8b57e4a35d2fd16fc943fca4a67e19Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?