- Detections of breeding birds in the Shoshone, Toiyabe, Toquima, and Monitor ranges, Nevada (4th Edition)
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fleishman, Erica. 2019. Detections of breeding birds in the Shoshone, Toiyabe, Toquima, and Monitor ranges, Nevada. 4th Edition. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. Updated 08 January 2020. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2011-0002-4
- These data document annual detections of breeding birds in canyons throughout four mountain ranges in the central Great Basin (Lander, Nye, and Eureka counties, Nevada): the Shoshone Mountains, Toiyabe Range, Toquima Range, and Monitor Range. Data were collected during the breeding season from 2001 through 2015, inclusive, and in 2018 and 2019. Birds were detected during fixed-radius point counts. In most cases, each point was visited three times per breeding season. Data include coordinates of each point, species detected, date and method of detection, and distance from the observer.
- breeding birds; detections; point counts; wildfire; prescribed fire; land-cover change; monitoring; riparian; pinyon; juniper; sagebrush; JFSP; Joint Fire Science Program; SERDP; Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program; Southwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; biota; environment; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Animal ecology; Fire; Fire effects on environment; Prescribed fire; Forest & Plant Health; Botany; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Wildlife (or Fauna); Birds; Habitat management; central Nevada; Nevada; Great Basin; central Great Basin; Shoshone Mountains; Toiyabe Range; Toquima Range; Monitor Range; Lander County; Nye County; Eureka County
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (919.27 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 0087ae591cf6904af6dfeab6f77e6181c1d2a0e1f96876674ca64ebe312ad492Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?