- Tree height and diameter data from the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1997-2008
Kubiske, Mark E.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Kubiske, Mark E. 2013. Tree height and diameter data from the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1997-2008. Newtown Square, PA: USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2013-0015
- This data publication contains annual tree height and diameter measurements from 1997 to 2008 for trembling aspen, sugar maple, and paper birch as part of the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) Experiment. This experiment was located on a research farm near Harshaw, Wisconsin (renamed the Rhinelander Experimental Forest in 2015) and consisted of twelve 30 meter diameter rings of aspen, birch and maple trees in which the concentrations of carbon dioxide and tropospheric ozone were controlled. Because there was no confinement, there was no significant change in the natural, ambient environment other than elevating these trace gas concentrations.
- biota; environment; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Air, soil, water pollution (environmental injury); Climate effects; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; aspen; birch; maple; tropospheric ozone; carbon dioxide; Harshaw Forestry Research Farm; Rhinelander Experimental Forest; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (1.05 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: dcdd27c4e15704efcde182c96935c23b870a24f6ed4cfbaf99d8f2da7b8c24ecChecksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?