- Presence and abundance of butterflies in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fleishman, Erica. 2015. Presence and abundance of butterflies in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0030
- These data document observed presence and abundance of butterflies in canyons throughout three mountain ranges in the western Great Basin (Mineral, Douglas, and Lyon Counties, Nevada and Mono County, California): the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada. Data were collected from 2012 through 2015, inclusive. Records for each year reflect multiple visits (generally 5 or 6) at about 10-14 day intervals from early June through early to mid August. Data include species detected, date, location, and abundance. Data also include measures of the relative abundances of plants that serve as nectar sources and of mud from which butterflies obtain nutrients.
- lepidoptera; skippers; montane butterflies; transects; Papilionidae; Pieridae; Nymphalidae; Lycaenidae; Hesperiidae; monitoring; time series; riparian; pinyon; ponderosa pine; Jeffrey pine; fir; montane meadow; juniper; sagebrush; SERDP; Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program; biota; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Wildlife (or Fauna); Invertebrates; Nevada; California; Great Basin; Sweetwater Mountains; Wassuk Range; Sierra Nevada; Mineral County; Douglas County; Lyon County; Mono County
Download count: 17
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (110.44 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: dcaa84339b2abc194e12a77635b7647c188ee7ad1b94785c59937f5381ea31deChecksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?