- Vegetation structure and composition in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California (2nd Edition)
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fleishman, Erica. 2019. Vegetation structure and composition in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California. 2nd Edition. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0032-2
- These data document vegetation structure and composition during the late spring and summer growing season in canyons throughout three mountain ranges in the western Great Basin (Mineral, Douglas, and Lyon Counties, Nevada; and Alpine and Mono Counties, California): the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada. Data on trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants were collected in 2012 and 2013 at 158 locations where breeding birds were surveyed annually from 2012 through 2014 or 2015. These types of vegetation data again were collected, with slightly different methods, in 2016, 2017, and 2018 at 161 locations where breeding birds were surveyed annually from 2016–2018. Data on the the prevalence of cheatgrass were collected from 2012 through 2014 to supplement data collected via measurements of ground vegetation, and data on the presence of all trees and shrubs were collected in 2017. The great majority of the locations were consistent over the period of record. Data include but are not limited to estimates of cover of trees (live and dead, differentiated by species), shrubs (differentiated by species), native grasses and forbs (generally not differentiated by species), and cheatgrass (Bromus tectorum); and identity and sizes or size classes of trees (live and standing dead). With the exception of the distinct cheatgrass measurements, vegetation at the great majority of locations was measured twice.
- biota; environment; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Animal ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Botany; Habitat management; vegetation; plants; trees; shrubs; grasses; forbs; riparian; upland; JFSP; Joint Fire Science Program; Southwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Nevada; western Nevada; California; eastern California; Great Basin; western Great Basin; Bodie Mountains; Sweetwater Mountains; Wassuk Range; Sierra Nevada; Mineral County; Douglas County; Lyon County; Alpine County; Mono County
Download count: 9
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (201.81 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 8accc9f0c69a8fe16c94810e931d7b7377e966209b77b5aee6dd6ad5972cac42Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?