- Meteorological and soil temperature data from the treatment plots at the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1999-2009
Kubiske, Mark E.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Kubiske, Mark E. 2016. Meteorological and soil temperature data from the treatment plots at the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1999-2009. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2016-0011
- This data publication contains meteorological measurements from within the treatment plots (rings) for 1999-2009 as part of the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) Experiment. The experiment was located on a research farm near Harshaw, Wisconsin (renamed the Rhinelander Experimental Forest in 2015) and consisted of twelve 30 meter diameter plots of aspen, birch and maple trees in which the concentrations of carbon dioxide and tropospheric ozone were controlled. One half of each ring was planted with trembling aspen monoculture and the remaining two quarters were planted with mixtures of aspen + paper birch and aspen + sugar maple trees. Wind speed and direction, and photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), net radiation, air temperature and relative humidity, and rainfall were measured above the tree canopy. PAR, air temperature and relative humidity, soil temperature at 5 depths, and soil moisture at 3 depths were measured below the canopy in each of the three ring sections.
For Time Series 101 (30 min means and standard deviations), and 124 (daily means, standard deviations, minima, maxima, and time of minima and maxima), the above variables were measured in one ring of each of the 4 experimental treatments during calendar years 1999-2005. For Time Series 030 (30 min means and standard deviations), and 125 (daily means, standard deviations, minima, maxima, and time of minima and maxima), the above variables were measured in every treatment ring 2006-2009. Time Series 102 consists solely of 2 hour soil moisture measurements in one ring of each experimental treatment, at one location of each of three depths in each of the three ring sections 1999 to 2005. Time Series 120 consists solely of 2 hour soil moisture measurements in every ring, at three locations of each of three depths in each of the three ring sections 2006-2009.
- biota; climatologyMeteorologyAtmosphere; environment; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Air, soil, water pollution (environmental injury); Climate effects; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; aspen; birch; maple; tropospheric ozone; carbon dioxide; Rhinelander Experimental Forest; Harshaw Forestry Research Farm; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (142.75 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 4c5860e152d01ae60fbb9af259f7f2387513a66c1f6eba2087347cfed4d72f60Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?