- Meteorological and soil moisture data from an ambient monitoring station at the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1999-2009
Kubiske, Mark E.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Kubiske, Mark E. 2016. Meteorological and soil moisture data from an ambient monitoring station at the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1999-2009. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2016-0012
- This data package contains meteorological and soil moisture data that were measured electronically at an ambient meteorological tower from 1999 to 2009 as part of the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) Experiment. The meteorological tower was located at the north end of the 32 hectare experiment site. The experiment was located on a research farm near Harshaw, Wisconsin (renamed the Rhinelander Experimental Forest in 2015) and consisted of twelve 30 meter diameter plots of aspen, birch and maple trees in which the concentrations of carbon dioxide and tropospheric ozone were controlled. Variables included in data time series TS201 (30 minute means) and TS224 (daily mean, minimum, and maximum) consist of: wind speed, wind direction (mean and standard deviation), and air temperature and relative humidity at 5 heights, photosynthetically active radiation, net radiation, leaf wetness, rain fall, pan evaporation, atmospheric pressure, and thermocouple temperatures at 6 heights. TS224 also included standard deviation and time of minimum and maximum for each variable, as well as soil temperature at 5 depths and soil moisture at 3 depths. TS202 contains 2 hour, instantaneous soil temperature at 5 depths and soil moisture at 3 depths.
- biota; meteorology; environment; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Air, soil, water pollution (environmental injury); Climate effects; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis Monitoring; Monitoring; aspen; birch; maple; tropospheric ozone; carbon dioxide; Harshaw Forestry Research Farm; Rhinelander Experimental Forest; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (17.85 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 9f233b3783f981cc61b201566acd5f96afd775a60ee1af375df358e0b5748e03Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?