- Mangrove carbon stocks in Zambezi River Delta, Mozambique
Trettin, Carl C.;
Stringer, Christina E.;
Zarnoch, Stanley J.;
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Trettin, Carl C.; Stringer, Christina E.; Zarnoch, Stanley J.; Tang, Wenwu; Dai, Zhaohua. 2017. Mangrove carbon stocks in Zambezi River Delta, Mozambique. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. Updated 25 March 2019. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2017-0053
- Carbon stocks in mangroves in the Zambezi River Delta of Mozambique (East Africa) were inventoried using a stratified random sampling approach from 2012 to 2016. A total 52 plots containing 287 subplots were objectively distributed using a GIS based spatial decision support system (SDSS) to represent the characteristics of mangroves and the operating constraints within the Delta area. The inventory was designed to provide estimates of above- and below-ground carbon stocks for the entire Delta. Data include species, height and diameter at breast height for overstory, understory and dead trees, mass of woody debris, litter, and ground vegetation. Data to estimate soil carbon and nitrogen content to 2 meters depth are also included.
- biota; elevation; environment; geoscientificInformation; imageryBaseMapsEarthCover; inlandWaters; oceans; Climate change; Carbon; Ecological adaptation; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Ecology; Hydrology, watersheds, sedimentation; Soil; Forest & Plant Health; Climate effects; Human effects; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Resource inventory; Techniques; Natural Resource Management & Use; Economics; Ecosystem services; Forest management; mangrove carbon stocks; mangrove carbon; blue carbon; mangrove inventory; biomass; soil carbon; Zambezi; Zambezi River Delta; Mozambique; East Africa; Rufiji River Delta
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (21.67 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 7fa51bd9e04bc504ddb781387c93a9ed5b5732c2a331544357bef6cefa325486Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?