- Data from the "Tree Quality Outcomes of Silvicultural Treatments” study at the Penobscot Experimental Forest
Kenefic, Laura S.;
Gerndt, Kathryn M.;
Rogers, Nicole S.;
Castle, Mark E.;
Weiskittel, Aaron R.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Kenefic, Laura S.; Gerndt, Kathryn M.; Rogers, Nicole S; Castle, Mark E.; Weiskittel, Aaron R. 2018. Data from the "Tree Quality Outcomes of Silvicultural Treatments” study at the Penobscot Experimental Forest. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2018-0060
- This data publication contains tree quality assessments from the Penobscot Experimental Forest (PEF) in Bradley and Eddington, Maine, USA. Trees were assessed using one or more of the following criteria: merchantable or unmerchantable (cull); acceptable growing stock (AGS) or unacceptable growing stock (UGS); and by tree form and risk codes. AGS trees are those that observers expected to maintain or increase in value; UGS are high risk or low quality trees not expected to maintain or increase in value (individual protocols used for datasets being presented are described in detail in the Methodology section of this publication). Data presented in this publication were collected by researchers at the U.S. Forest Service (FS), Northern Research Station, and University of Maine (UM) School of Forest Resources in permanent sample plots (PSP) between 2012 and 2015. All data were collected in management units (MUs) assigned to either the Compartment Management Study (CMS) or the Management Intensity Demonstration (MID) at the PEF, both of which are long-term studies.
- biota; Forest & Plant Health; Botany; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Natural Resource Management & Use; Forest management; Timber; silviculture; species composition; timber supply; forest stand dynamics; tree height; tree quality; growing stock; acceptable growing stock; unacceptable growing stock; merchantable; submerchantable; cull; pulp; balsam fir; red spruce; woody plants; Penobscot Experimental Forest; Maine
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (1.16 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: e1712776f660fe88856cfebd0e0dbb8f8c6a972f40c120c8dfd5006e6861f292Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?