- Understory vegetation and site condition data from the "Nonnative Invasive Plants" study at the Penobscot Experimental Forest
Olson, Elizabeth K.;
Kenefic, Laura S.;
Zukswert, Jenna M.;
Langley, CJ M.;
Dibble, Alison C.;
Muñoz Delgado, Bethany L.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Olson, Elizabeth K.; Kenefic, Laura S.; Zukswert, Jenna M.; Langley, CJ M.; Dibble, Alison C.; Muñoz Delgado, Bethany L. 2019. Understory vegetation and site condition data from the "Nonnative Invasive Plants" study at the Penobscot Experimental Forest. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0016
- This data publication contains understory plant density and cover class, substrate condition, microtopography, soil drainage, and canopy openness collected in 2006-2007 for 654 milacre plots (milplots) on 327 plots in 24 forest stands representing 10 silvicultural treatments (including an unharvested reference) and an old field on the Penobscot Experimental Forest (PEF) in central Maine, USA. These data were collected to obtain a more complete understanding of the extent of invasive species in a long-term PEF silvicultural experiment, as well as the relationships between treatment, site, and characteristics of the understory plant community.
- biota; Forest & Plant Health; Botany; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Natural Resource Management & Use; Forest management; silviculture; species composition; forest management; forest stand dynamics; tree regeneration; canopy ; balsam fir; red spruce; woody plants; nonnative invasive; invasive plant; old-field successional forest; understory vegetation; soil ; drainage class; Penobscot Experimental Forest; Maine
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (599.99 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 66b917bf03f5b4a26acc4a10e5a55d7f26b7cef71076aae07472b0d9da44adb8Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?