- Incidental and long-distance bird observations in the Sheeprock and East Tintic Mountains, Utah
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fleishman, Erica. 2019. Incidental and long-distance bird observations in the Sheeprock and East Tintic Mountains, Utah. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0018
- These data document observations of birds in the eastern Great Basin: the Sheeprock Mountains (Tooele County) and East Tintic Mountains (Tooele and Utah counties), Utah. A small number of observations were made in the valleys adjacent to these mountain ranges. Data were collected during the breeding seasons of 2016 and 2017. These data complement those in Fleishman 2019 (https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0017), which included detections of breeding birds during fixed-radius point counts within 100 meters of the observer. The data in this data publication allow more-complete documentation of the composition and distribution of the local and regional avifauna than would be possible with the fixed-radius point-count data alone. Some birds documented in these data were detected during fixed-radius point counts but were outside the radius of the sample point (e.g., > 100 meters from the observer) or flying over the point rather than apparently using resources within the point. Others were detected opportunistically while traveling to sampling locations. The records also include juveniles, which are not included in published analyses. Data include species detected, date of detection, and, in most cases, method of detection and either coordinates or an approximate location.
- biota; environment; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Animal ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Botany; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Wildlife (or Fauna); Birds; Habitat management; breeding birds; detections; point counts; land-cover change; riparian; pinyon; juniper; sagebrush; JFSP; Joint Fire Science Program; Southwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Utah; eastern Great Basin; Great Basin; Sheeprock Mountains; East Tintic Mountains; Tooele County; Utah County
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (69.65 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 6922038485b93d08ec8a8629ada62abb5bd35ddf24f7ff3aa9553e214365cfd5Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?