- Data on the effects of elevated carbon dioxide and ozone on carbon and nitrogen metabolism in the foliage and sapwood of trembling aspen, paper birch, and sugar maple at the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) study site
Minocha, Subhash C.;
Marquardt, Paula E.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Minocha, Rakesh; Long, Stephanie; Minocha, Subhash C.; Marquardt, Paula E. 2020. Data on the effects of elevated carbon dioxide and ozone on carbon and nitrogen metabolism in the foliage and sapwood of trembling aspen, paper birch, and sugar maple at the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) study site. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2020-0033
- This data publication includes biochemical parameters as measured in foliage and sapwood from trees included in the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) Experiment on the Harshaw Research Farm (renamed the Rhinelander Experimental Forest in 2015), near Rhinelander, WI. Three different clones of trembling aspen, Paper birch and sugar maple trees were exposed to seasonal fumigations of Ozone (O₃), Carbon Dioxide (CO₂), and CO₂+O₃ in open-air rings between 1998 and May 2009. Data includes free polyamines, free amino acids, soluble ions, chlorophyll and soluble protein and were analyzed by HPLC, ICP, and spectrophotometer. Foliage samples were collected from 2006-2008 and sapwood samples were taken in 2009.
- biota; climatologyMeteorologyAtmosphere; environment; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Air, soil, water pollution (environmental injury); Climate effects; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; aspen; birch; maple; tropospheric ozone; carbon dioxide; Rhinelander Experimental Forest; Harshaw Forestry Research Farm; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (85.38 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: ab99c245a4fea57f59d82744705e0f2900aa3a0eeabef24b0898e44be32d9314Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?