- Fuels and fire behavior from masticated treatments burned in laboratory and field experiments in thinned 30-year old pine plantations, Idaho
Lyon, Zachary D.;
Sparks, Aaron M.;
Smith, Alistair M. S.;
Keefe, Robert F.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Morgan, Penelope; Lyon, Zachary D.; Sparks, Aaron M.; Smith, Alistair M. S.; Keefe, Robert F. 2020. Fuels and fire behavior from masticated treatments burned in laboratory and field experiments in thinned 30-year old pine plantations, Idaho. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2020-0037
- This data publication includes tree characteristics before and after mastication treatments, fuelbed characteristics, and fire behavior observed in both field and laboratory burning experiments at the West Hatter Unit of the University of Idaho Experimental Forest. This study included three ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa) dominated stands, each planted in 1982 (making them approximately 30-years old) after clearcutting and broadcast burning left few residual large logs and stumps. Both fine and coarse mastification were applied to each of these stands in June 2014. Control and treatment data were collected from December 2013 through December 2017.
- biota; environment; Fire; Fire ecology; Fire suppression, pre-suppression; Natural Resource Management & Use; Forest management; fire radiative flux density; fire radiative energy density; fire behavior; fire severity; post-fire impacts; resin ducts; mountain pine beetle; tree density; crown base height; diameter; flame length; rate of spread; consumption; fuelbeds; mastication; Joint Fire Science Program; JFSP; Idaho; Moscow; University of Idaho Experimental Forest; University of Idaho; United States
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (1.87 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 30cfda9636954db2de7cd9a219fae8a711c392d72b6d7a9349b6e217f1bdf101Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?