Explore the Sierra National Forest
With the craggy, snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada as your backdrop, we invite you to come and discover the “Heart of the Sierra.”
Be safe when visiting the Sierra National Forest
- Research weather and road conditions and make sure your vehicle is mechanically ready;
- Avoid areas with dead standing trees, look up before you choose a trail, park your car, or set your camp, always be aware of your surroundings;
- Avoid large gatherings and maintain your physical distance while recreating;
- Let family and friends know your plans, destination and return home, in the event of an unexpected emergency. Remember cell service in the Forest may not be available;
- Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use;
- Recreate Responsibly!
SNF District Offices have reopened for in-person services
Popular Recreation Activities
Bass Lake Ranger District Madera County Roads Buffer Fuels Treatment Project PDF
The Sierra National Forest-Bass Lake Ranger District is initiating an environmental analysis of the proposed FY 20 Madera County Roads Buffer Fuels Treatment Project. (PDF 1 MB)
Sierra Traveler a Visitor's Guide
Sierra NF Visitor Guide - view online and print at home (PDF 2.5 MB) Also free at all Sierra NF offices and visitor centers.
Forest Plan Revision
Learn how you can get involved in the revision of our forest plan.
We are analyzing a sustainable network of roads that will support both travel and the administration of the forest.