Choose from the following to find a site:
Winter highlights spectacular snow-covered landscapes and offers a large variety of recreation opportunities. Cross-country skiing, winter camping, hiking, and snow play are some popular uses of the forest when it is blanketed with snow.
Downhill-skiing is available at all of the following commercial ski areas: Mt. Baldy Resort, Mountain High Resorts, and Mt. Waterman Ski Lifts.
For winter sports, call ahead for hours of operation and activity schedules!
- Mt. Baldy Resort - (909) 982-0800
- Mountain High Resorts - (888) 754-7878
- Mt. Waterman Ski Lifts -
Recorded info - (818) 790-2002
Additional info/employment/apparel - (619) 708-6595
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- Additional Damage to Roads/Trails Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- UPDATED! Forest Service Road Closures
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)