Choose from the following to find a site:
Nearly 450 miles of scenic trails are open to hikers, bikers, and horse riders on the Prescott National Forest. The forest also contains one National Recreation Trail (Granite Mountain Trail) and one National Historic Study Trail (General Crook Trail). Central Arizona's mild climate allows most trails to be enjoyed year-round.
For information about e-bikes on the Forest, please see Use of Electronic Bicycles (E-bikes) on Prescott National Forest
Report Trail Conditions: Help us manage trails for your safety and enjoyment by reporting your experience to the Prescott Trails Safety Coalition.
Trails built with mountain bikers in mind:
Note: Bicycles are not allowed within the boundaries of designated wilderness areas. Forest Service Briefing Paper on Electronic Bikes (E-bikes)
Alerts & Warnings
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Fossil Creek & Forest Road 708 Closed until 12/31/22 for public safety
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands