Camping & Cabins
Choose from the following to find a site:
Whether you are seeking a primitive camping experience or something with more amenities, Prescott National Forest will have a spot just right for you! Cool, pine-clad mountains and lakes attract summer visitors, while camping opportunities at lower elevations are available year-round. Two historic cabin rentals round out our offerings, each located near world class trails and opportunities for a wide variety of outdoor recreation experiences. If you’re planning to visit for the first time or are one of our many regular visitors, we look forward to seeing you!
Which sites can be reserved?
Group campgrounds and picnic sites must be reserved in advance, and some campsites in family campgrounds have sites that can be reserved as well. More information about the reservation system.
Camping on Holiday Weekends on Prescott National Forest
Campsites in developed campgrounds and the designated dispersed sites in the Prescott Basin often fill up by the Thursday preceding holiday weekends. Please visit Camping on Holiday Weekends on Prescott National Forest for advice on where you can camp when these sites are full.
Alerts & Warnings
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Fossil Creek & Forest Road 708 Closed until 12/31/22 for public safety
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands