The information below provides updates to existing information on our webpage about Angeles National Forest offices and visitor centers:
Acton Work Center (Acton, CA)
- Office will be closed Dec 1st- Dec 8th.
Big Pines Visitor Center (Near Wrightwood, CA)
- Open weekends & some holidays, 10 a.m - 4 p.m., when volunteers are available.
Chilao Visitor Center (Approximately 27 miles north of La Cañada Flintridge, CA)
- Reopened in early November after Caltrans reopened part of the Angeles Crest Highway (State Route 2) providing access to this area of the forest again.
- Enter the visitor center from the back, as the front boardwalk needs repairs due to storm damage.
Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District (San Fernando, CA)
- Office will be closed Monday Dec 4th through Friday Dec 8th.
- Adventure & Interagency Passes now available for purchase at this location. Call for pass availability.
San Gabriel Mountains National Monument (Glendora, CA)
- Office open Mondays - Thursdays only.
- Passes only sold Mondays - Wednesdays. On rare occasion, a staff member might be available to sell passes on a Thursday.
- Always call ahead to see if passes are available for sale.
Where else can I buy recreation passes?
Adventure Pass Vendors Southern California
Places to Get Interagency Passes
Always call ahead to confirm if an office is open and if passes are available (if sold there). When an office is closed, please contact another forest office for info/pass sales.
Check this alert regularly. Hours and pass availability may change with limited notice.