Caring for more than 193 million acres the Forest Service offers a diversity of occupations and geographic locations. If you’re interested in a career with the federal government, now is an exciting time.
Current Vacancies and Upcoming Outreach for Shawnee National Forest
Facilities Engineering Technician, GS-0802-9/10/11
The Shawnee National Forest is seeking candidates to fill a permanent full-time Facilities Engineering Technician (GS-0802-9/10/11) vacancy. Duty Station is either Harrisburg, Vienna or Jonesboro, IL. This position serves primarily as the engineering technician responsible for facilities on the Forest; however, all engineering programs will be supported.
If you are interested, please complete the Outreach Response Form at the end of that document and return it to the correct point of contact listed for the Shawnee National Forest. Please reply by August 1st, 2022.
Nationwide or within the Eastern Region
How it works
Jobs with the Forest Service include the following list, plus many more:
- Budget & Finance
- Wildland fire fighters
- Biological Sciences
- Partnership Coordinators
- Human Resources
- Jobs are first advertised with a job outreach announcing that there will be a job vacancy opening up soon.
- Search the Forest Service's Job Outreach Database and set yourself up for automatic alerts on the job type and pay grade, etc. you prefer.
- When the job vacancy opens, applicants apply to the job vacancy in USAjobs. Only on-line applications are accepted and must be submitted through USAjobs. Some positions have direct hire authority, and others are open to the Veterans Recruitment Appointment.
- How much does it pay? Learn more about Forest Service pay and benefits.
Forest Service Hiring Events
- Upcoming Webinars that help you through the job application process.