Passes & Permits

The Forest Service manages the national forests for a number of multiple uses, including recreation, timber, wilderness, minerals, water, grazing, fish and wildlife. Our job is to help you share and enjoy the forest, while conserving the environment for generations to come. To help us meet this goal, certain activities, such as firewood collection, require that you have a permit, while others, such as camping, benefit from passes.

Chippewa National Forest Offices:

  • Walker: 218.547.1044
  • Deer River: 218.246.2123
  • Blackduck: 218.835.4291