Passes & Permits

Crest Trail

Recreation Passes

Most national forest system lands are free of charge for your use and enjoyment. However, developed recreation fees may be charged at sites that offer services to the public. 95% of these fees stay on the Cibola National Forest & Grasslands and help to maintain these services. Find out more about Recreation Passes.

Forest Products Permits

Permits for forest products are available for purchase at Ranger District Offices and the Supervisor's Office. Find out more about Forest Products Permits.

Event/Commercial Permits

Special use permits for a variety of commercial and special use activities are available for purchase at Ranger District Offices. Find out more about Event/Commerical Permits.


Film Permits


Anyone wishing to film on National Forest System lands must obtain a special use permit from the Forest Service. The following information addresses many common questions concerning the permitting process.