Passes & Permits
Most national forest system lands are free of charge for your use and enjoyment. However, developed recreation fees may be charged at sites that offer services to the public. 95% of these fees stay on the Cibola National Forest & Grasslands and help to maintain these services.
Permits for forest products are available for purchase at Ranger District Offices and the Supervisor's Office.
Special use permits for a variety of commercial and special use activities are available for purchase at Ranger District Offices.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Closure Order for Mt. Taylor, Mountainair, and Sandia Ranger Districts
- 03-0723 Kiowa/Rita-Blanca Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0722 Black Kettle/McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0719 Lake Marvin & McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun