Working collaboratively with the Forest, the Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) makes funding recommendations for projects proposed under Title II of the Secure Rural Schools Act (SRS Act). Projects are considered for Title II funding if they make additional investments in, and create employment opportunities through:
- Improved maintenance of existing infrastructure;
- Implementation of stewardship objectives that enhance forest ecosystems; and
- Restoration and improvement of land health and water quality.
The committee's role is to improve collaborative relationships among community members and land managers that use and care for the National Forests, as well as provide advice and recommendations to the Forest Service concerning projects and funding consistent with Title II of the SRS Act.
Upcoming RAC Meetings:
- Recreation Fee Meeting: To be determined (Recreation Fee Proposal Information)
- Title II Meeting: To be determined (Fiscal Year 2023 Title II Project Proposals by County)
*A virtual option via Zoom will be provided for each meeting.
Each agenda will include time for individuals from the public to make oral statements of three minutes or less. Written comments and requests for time for oral comments must be sent to Gala Miller, Gifford Pinchot National Forest Headquarters, 987 McClellan Rd., Vancouver, WA 98661; or by email to email@example.com at least three days prior to the meeting.
Contact: Resource Advisory Committee Coordinator, Gala Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 891-5014.