Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

Annual Pass PhotoThe Interagency Recreation Passes are honored nationwide at all USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.

California Campfire Permits

Campfire PhotoPortions of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest's Bridgeport and Carson Ranger Districts are in California. Visitors will need to obtain a California Campfire Permit if they plan to build a campfire or use a barbecue or stove, unless in a developed recreation area. 

Wilderness Permits & Information

Carson Iceburg WildernessThe Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest has a total of 23 Wilderness Areas and manages more than 1.2 million acres of wilderness. Wilderness permits are only required for all overnight use in the Hoover Wilderness on the Bridgeport Ranger District in California.

Forest Product Permits

Firewood PileCollecting and removing forest products requires a permit. Forest products include items, such as firewood, edible material, decorative material, minerals, plants, and other woody material.

Christmas Tree Permits

Christmas Tree PermitThe U.S. Forest Service Christmas Tree Program is designed for families, businesses, and institutions wishing to cut their own trees for decorating. 

Special Use Permits (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest provides a variety of land use and commercial or organized recreation opportunities which may require a special use permit.