Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

Recreation PassesLocal Passes and Permits related to recreating on the forest. These include wilderness permits, campfire permits, cabin rental permits, annual day passes, sno-park permits, and National Interagency Passes.

Forest Product Permits

Forest productsCollecting and removing forest products may require a permit. Forest products include items; such as, firewood, christmas trees, edible material, decorative material, minerals, plants, and other woody material.

Event or Commercial Special Use Permits

Special Use PermitsCertain types of uses of public lands require "Special Use Authorizations." These include commercial activities, such as filming, guiding, and events.

Campfire Permits

CampfireA campfire permit is required for campfire use, except when camping in a developed campground.

For additional information, click here

Wilderness Permits

Aquilegia formosaWilderness Permits and California State Campfire Permits are required for trips into this wilderness.

Other Special Use Permits

Film PermitNon-commercial uses may also require Special Use Authorizations, including large group use, recreation organized events and gatherings, Recreation Residence permits, road use permits, easements, etc.


Fee-Free Days

On fee-free days, the Forest Service waives recreation fees at most day-use sites on lands managed by the agency. Participation by concession-operated sites may vary. The 2021 dates are: