Passes & Permits

Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests and Thunder Basin National Grassland are open year-round for your use and enjoyment. Fees are charged at most developed recreation sites and permits are required for certain activities and uses. These fees are used to help maintain, manage, and improve the amenities you enjoy. Business permittees, such as outfitters and campground concessionaires, may provide services at a charge to public land users.

  • Recreation Passes and Permits

    A placeholder image

    These passes may be substituted for day use fees at developed recreation areas where entrance and activity fees are charged.

  • Forest Products Permits

    A placeholder image

    Permits are required for removal and personal use of many forest products.

  • Event and Commercial Permits

    A placeholder image

    Conducting personal events or revenue producing activities requires permits.

  • Other Permits

    A placeholder image

    Some activities on federal lands may require permits from the Forest Service or the states of Colorado or Wyoming.