Passes & Permits

Common activities that may require a permit or pass may include wood cutting, harvesting a Christmas tree, picking mushrooms or float boating on the Payette National Forest.

  • Interagency Passes

    A girl with a magnifying glass

    Interagency recreation passes provide access to recreation sites managed by a number of Federal agencies.

  • Recreation Passes & Permits

    A placeholder image

    Before you plan a recreational activity on the Payette National Forest, please be sure to check whether you will need a permit. The Lower South Fork Salmon River requires a free but mandatory permit to float year-round.

  • Forest Product Permits

    A placeholder image

    For information on Fuelwood permits, Christmas Tree permits, and mushroom picking.

  • Recreation Events and Commercial Permits

    Packstring Card

    Permits for events such as weddings, family reunions, sporting events, festivals are required. In addition, commercial activities such as outfitter and guide services, are required to obtain a special use permit.

  • Lands Special Use Permits

    Big Creek Airfield

    Lands Special Use Permits cover a variety of uses but the most common on the Payette National Forest are Linear Right-Of-Way, Communication Sites, Research, and Commercial Photography/Filming.

  • Minerals and Geology Permits

    Geology Card

    Find out more about Rockhounding and Mineral Collection.