Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

Annual Passes 2017 The Interagency Passes are honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.

Forest Product Permits

Forest productsCollecting products on National Forest System lands for commercial and private use requires a Forest Product Permit. Commonly requested permits are for mushrooms, posts, poles and rails, and pinecones.

Christmas Tree Permits

Christmas Tree PermitsLooking for the perfect tree? Try the tree lot in your backyard... the Six Rivers National Forest! Starting sometime in early November 2021, you can purchase a permit for Christmas tree cutting at

Campfire Permits

CampfireCampfire Permits are required for the use of campfires, charcoal fires or portable gas stoves outside a designated recreation sites. These are free and are available at all Forest Service, BLM, or CAL FIRE offices, or online at

Woodcutting Permits

fuelwood permitAs the impacts from COVID-19 continue to be felt across the country, the US Forest Service is committed to providing services and doing what we can to help those in need. As such, the Six Rivers National Forest will provide FREE personal-use firewood permits through December 31, 2020.

Wilderness Permits

Wilderness permitPermits are not required for the Siskiyou, Marble Mountains, Mount Lassic, North Fork and Yolla Bolly Wildernesses. The Trinity Alps needs a permit and it is free.


Fee-Free Days

The Forest Service waives recreation fees at most day-use sites on lands managed by the agency. Participation by concession-operated sites may vary. The 2021 dates are:

Special Use Permits

Certain types of uses of public lands require “Special Use Authorizations.” These include commercial activities, such as filming, guiding and events.


Christmas Tree Cutting Policy & Permits

Looking for the perfect tree? Try the tree lot in your backyard...the Six Rivers National Forest. You can purchase a permit for Christmas tree cutting from any District Office